UVFC patients now have the availability of communicating with Upper Valley Family Care electronically via the internet as well as receiving statements and paying bills on-line. FollowMyHealth and On-line Bill pay are accessible only through the Upper Valley Family Care website by clicking on the FollowMyHealth button or Pay Bill Now button.
How does this work?
Access to FollowMyHealth and On-line Bill Pay is through a secure server using 128-bit secure socket layer encryption technology. These services require a sign in name and password and can be accessed only by registered users. Notices of messages waiting or statements available will be sent to the email address indicated by you. You must sign in to either FollowMyHealth or On-line Bill Pay to retrieve your messages and statements.
How to signup?
Established patients may signup for FollowMyHealth and On-line Bill Pay by completing a FollowMyHealth Usage Agreement form available in either office.
Access to data for FollowMyHealth will be for individuals only. Access to records for dependent children under age 18 can be granted to a parent or custodian. Adult family members 18 and older may grant access to a parent, spouse, or caregiver by completing this same form in the office.
E-statements and On-line Bill Pay can be by family providing family billing is activated. Please notify the office if you desire family billing.
What you can do with FollowMyHealth?
- Report personal information changes such as name, address, telephone, employer, and insurance changes
- Request appointments
- Request prescription refills
- Submit brief medical questions
What you should know about FollowMyHealth
- All patient posted messages will be saved to your health record and be available to individuals authorized to access the health record and be subject to release according to HIPAA guidelines.
- UVFC will forward patient messages internally to appropriate personnel to act on the message.
- Although UVFC will endeavor to read and respond promptly to messages, UVFC cannot guarantee that any particular message will be read and responded to within any particular period of time. Thus, FollowMyHealth messaging should not be used for medical emergencies or other time-sensitive matters.
- UVFC is not liable for breaches of confidentiality caused by the patient or any third party.
- UVFC reserves the right to terminate access to FollowMyHealth at any time for any reason.
- Messages should pertain only to the patient signed in or to the person selected as the patient within the site.
- Keep all messages short and review the message to make sure it is clear and that all relevant information is provided before sending to UVFC.
- Do not send emergency or time sensitive messages via FollowMyHealth. Call the office or for medical emergencies call 911.
- Log on to FollowMyHealth to retrieve replies to messages. If a response is not received within a reasonable period of time, follow up by calling the office to determine whether the intended recipient received the message.
- Take precautions to preserve the confidentiality of health information and for protecting passwords or other means of access to FollowMyHealth.
- Follow up on the information provided and/or schedule an appointment if warranted.
- Do not use FollowMyHealth for communicating sensitive medical information such as information regarding sexually transmitted diseases, AIDS/HIV, mental health, or substance abuse.
- Remember, online information and messages are not a substitute for face-to-face consultations.
Payment for Online Communication
- There is no charge to you for appointment requests.
- There currently is no charge to you for prescription requests or online medical questions; although, this may change at any time. Generally, fees are not covered by Medicare, Medicaid, or any other similar program or health insurance. In such a case, payment is due at the time of service with charges posted to your credit card.