Upper Valley Family Care started by Craig Critchley, DO and Richard Plumb, DO has been independently owned and operated since 1981.
WE ARE A TEAM
It takes more than just the doctor. We have a staff of dedicated, caring employees working together to serve you. Nurse practitioners, physician assistants, nurses, medical assistants, receptionists, schedulers, medical billers, record clerks, all have their areas of expertise. Many of our team members have more than 10 or 20 years experience at Upper Valley Family Care.
Patient Centered Medical Home
Both offices have successfully attained Level III NCQA Patient Centered Medical Home recognition.
Patient family advisory council
We have a Patient Family Advisory Council in each office that meets quarterly. This council helps us see Upper Valley from the eyes of the patient and gives us direction on where improvements are needed.
Everyone needs to be heard. We know that. We invite you to express your concerns, ask questions, and really let the doctor know what is on your mind. This allows us to do a better job.
Medical science is often difficult to understand and the health care system can be confusing. We are able to interpret information in ways that make it understandable. We meet the challenge of translating medical jargon into information you can really use.
Our team of nurse practitioners and physician assistant are available for patient education and life style modification training for medical conditions such as asthma, cholesterol, diabetes, osteoporosis, and smoking addiction.
One Stop Shopping
Many people are pleasantly surprised by the variety of services we provide in the office. In-house services include:
- IV Therapy
- IV fluid replacement can be done in the office.
- Heavy metal chelation
- Organic chemicals are used to bond with heavy metals in the bloodstream and tissues to remove heavy metals from the body.
- Pulmonary function studies
- Testing done to determine lung capacity and how well the lungs move oxygen.
- Bioidentical hormone therapy
- Treatment of hormone imbalances with bioequivalent topical hormones.
- Medications and life style habits can interfere with the body’s natural functioning. Available testing can assist in determining where your system may be out of balance helping the physician recommend natural ways to restore balance. Vitamins and supplements are not a guarantee for a cure, recovery, or increased longevity and do not take the place of traditional medical care but can be a supplement to traditional medicine.
Because we are a group practice with two locations, we can almost always provide appointments within 24 to 48 hours for established patients with acute problems. We try to keep you with the same provider and location; however, there may be times that we will request that you see another provider or go to the other office. Saturday hours at the Troy office are available for all patients with injuries and acute problems such as allergies, sore throat, and influenza.
We Take Preventive Care Seriously
There is no one in a better position to guide you through the maze of “Preventive Health Care” than our staff. We can help you implement preventive strategies that are uniquely appropriate for you. Annual Wellness Visits are recommended to as a time to establish personal healthcare goals and develop a disease prevention plan unique to you. Many insurance companies are now covering these at no out of pocket expense to the patient.
Our Well-Trained and Compassionate Medical Professionals
Our Medical Staff includes DOs, MDs, Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants. We believe the breadth of training and expertise of these medical disciplines enhances our ability to provide outstanding medical care.
Automated appointment reminders
Automated appointment reminder phone calls are made 2 days in advance of appointments between 6:30 and 8:30 pm. If you will be unable to keep your appointment, this system allows you to communicate your need for a change to us.